Heartline and Heart House depend greatly on our volunteers. We were established by volunteers, we are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, and it is through our volunteers that we are able to offer hope and change lives.
We have numerous volunteers throughout the week and weekend, days and evenings, who serve faithfully to help oversee and care for our residents and clients. As well, we have numerous volunteers who give their time and gifts to assist with our fundraisers and special events. Without these volunteers, there would be no Heartline and Heart House. We each hold a different piece to the puzzle. Each piece is different and unique and serves a very specific purpose. Heartline and Heart House greatly depend on the dedication and selflessness of individuals who willingly place their piece of the puzzle into the grander picture. Only when we connect our pieces can we together create a brighter future for those in our community.
Study all the opportunities on our website, then complete our application and required background form below. Once we receive your completed application, a Heartline staff member will contact you to further discuss your placement as a Heartline and/or Heart House volunteer! Because we care about our volunteers, staff, residents, and clients, we will contact your references. We also require a basic background checks for all volunteers and service providers who will be working directly with our clients and residents. The volunteer application form can be printed and mailed or as a PDF fill-able form completed online and emailed.
mail to: Heartline and Heart House at: 300 Reagan Drive, Eureka, IL 61530
email to: Blaine@heartlineandhearthouse.org.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
(Bold items below are immediate needs)
- Administrative Support during day - Answer phones, greet residents and clients, copy materials, etc.
- Adopt a Family or Resident
- Advocates for Residents and/or Public Awareness Campaigns
- Board Member (hands on)
- Childcare & Child Activities - hands-on assistance within our structured Children’s Program. Our Children’s Program runs daily between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. and is held within the shelter.
- Class, Program, Study Teacher / Facilitator
- Drivers, as needed to transport residents to and from their appointments
- Event Sponsors
- Fundraising Committee Members
- 'House' Volunteer, evening and weekends to monitor shelter activity
- Service Projects for Heart House (great for churches, schools, civic and social groups)
- Shelter Volunteers - Answer phones each evening from 4:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity to get homework done, catch up on your favorite TV program and relax.
- Organization/Business Liaison
- Prayer partner